Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to remotely connect to the university computer labs, using PUTTY. The instructions say that once logged in, you can connect to individual machines, and I've actually done it before. But I don't remember how. Can somebody give me the relevant instructions to see what computers are available and to connect to one of them.

·
Retired Trusted Advisor
19,786 Posts
Once you connect to us2.ee.uwa.edu.au with putty, you just type at the shell prompt to ssh into any computer on the network. Just type man ssh at the shell prompt for instructions on that.

The only way to see what computers are available would be to scan the network. I don't think they would want you to do that. So you just need to have a list of computers you are allowed to SSH into and try each of them one at a time.

·
Registered
20,583 Posts
Hi photosymth.com,

Email the computer lab and ask for the instructions on doing what you ask - that would be the simplest thing to do at this point.

-- Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.