Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Mortgage company of some 40 -50 Employees appox 20 of which may require remote access to our maine office.. Primarily access to a specific Software Package (Caylix Point) which is a laon Origination software that the files are located on our server.

We are in th process of ordering/installing a new server with;

SMALL BIZ SERVER 2003 PREMIUM W/45 CALS
Dual Xeon Processor 2.8GH
2GB Intel 800MHz ECC DDR Memory
2 250GB SATA II HDD 72

I have been told that Citrix is the best way to go for remote access at about $250 per seat

Not only will the want to access the specific software we use but also access files on our internal public drive.

Our Email is currently handled on a seperate server using Ipswitch's IMAIL ver8.02

I am interest in ANY input or potential help anyone may have to offer as this will be a first for me

Tom

·
Registered
21,334 Posts
You can add member servers to a SBS domain and Citrix is a good choice for remote access. All applications that will be used through Citrix need to be installed on the server Citrix is running on. The server should be fairly beefy if multiple users will be on it concurrently. I also believe you can get away with setting your licensing to the number of concurrent users you think will be using Citrix at any given time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I use Citrix to connect to my company's server in Vancouver from both my office here in Ontario and my home (which i'm working in right now) it's better than what we had 3 years ago, but it's wretched - which is why my company had decided to go with Apprise (i think that's what it's called) We switch March 1.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.