Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i have a home made pc that a friend built. there was a problem with xp so i reinstalled it but now i cant connect to the internet. i know i need to reinstall the network drivers but i am having problems. i do not have a cd to install & hes moved away from the area
the motherboard is P4C800-E DELUXE. i googled it got on the website downloaded what i think are the correct drivers but when i opened the downloaded file there was no network drivers.
can someone please help me?

·
Registered
11,670 Posts
Click on the link replay provided in post #2.

A page will open with a list under the heading P4C800-E-Deluxe. The list will be as follows.

+ - BIOS
+ - BIOS-Utilities
+ - AUDIO
+ - IDE
+ - LAN
+ - Utilities
+ - Manual

Click on the + mark next to Utilities. Scroll down to the 4th driver in the list it will be listed as Win XP, the Version will be 5.01.1015 It is called Intel(R) Chipset Software Installation Utility V5.01.1015. Download and install the driver then reboot the machine.

After the Chipset Software Installation Utility is installed, go back to the download page and click on the + mark next to LAN. Scroll down to the 3rd driver in the list it will be listed as Win XP, the Version will be 7.0.37.0. Download and install the driver then reboot the machine.

·
Super Moderator
46,570 Posts
OK, I downloaded your driver. It is only the actual driver files and NOT an install app. You need to go to device manager and select the nic card. Right click and choose properties>update driver. Now point it at where you unzipped the zip file you downloaded from asus.

Note the download has both 32bit and 64bit drivers. You need to point it at the correct folder for your os ie 32bit or 64bit.

It is a little complicated however this is how we always had to install drivers in the old days before everything was made so simple.

Look on the bright side; you do not have to edit an autoexec.bat file to point it at the driver, determine whether to load in high memory or low memory, etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.