Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a HP Compaq nc600.I need to reformat the laptop.But I don't have any of the software because I bought the laptop off of Ebay a few months ago.Is there anywhere I can download the software to reformat it myself.?I feel that this is simple,so I don't want to take it to the shop when I can do it myself.Thanks!

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Use the recovery partition if it has one.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My wife's compaq has a recovery partition on the hard drive, to access it you need to press f11 when it first boots up. I haven't tried it as her computer is new. also you might be able to get recovery disc from hp at hp.com.

frank

·
Banned
24,388 Posts
What software are you referring to? If the eBay seller included applications with the computer, formatting it will wipe those out, and without the installation disks, you can't get them back. HP would only provide the original system recovery disks which probably won't include any software the seller had installed when you bought it.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
The question is why on earth do you want to reformat the PC ?
If it is filled with viruses then free antivirus programs are available, if you want to get rid of personal information then create a new user profile.
If it gets many popups and ads then run an antimalware free program.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.