Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Just a quick question..
Recently I emptied my recycle bin, only to find the icon still showing it to have stuff in it.. so I re-opened it, but there were no files in there, and if I press "Empty Recycle Bin," the pop-up box asks if I want to delete "WINDOWS" permanently? Any idea why, even though there's nothing in there, the Bin's icon shows full?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
The issue can also occur if you have a gosth file in your bin.
You could search your system for the file listed in recycle bin and delete it or you could run disk clean up utility

·
Registered
51,987 Posts
This is an old problem, some think related to System Mechanic. It does not, of course, delete Windows.

Delete some other file, empty the Recycle Bin, and restart.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
I know a person that had the same thing happen. They left it for awhile, out of fear, and then after a few brown beers---deleted it. No problems after that. I am assuming that its the same problem. Nothing bad came of it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi again, I tried pretty much everything you suggested, but nothing worked. However, I did manage to get it to go away in the end, when I defragmented my hard disk. I think it had something to do with ScanDisk.. Thanks for replying though :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.