Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

We purchased our new Dell computer which came with Vista in late August. Ever since, an icon has popped up every week or so to tell me that the computer is running a full backup and ever since the recovery drive has become increasingly full. I don't understand how it has now reached near full capacity though because the main drive has 172 of 222GB free and I was under the impression that the backup simply replaced the previous one and added any new files. I emailed a support rep for Dell who told me to just delete contents of the recovery drive but after searching on google I've read mixed reports of the recovery drive on Vista containing important files that shouldn't be deleted. I've compressed the drive and have run 'clean up' on it but to no avail - it currently has 2.41MB free of 9.99GB.

Any help would be very appreciated!

Emma

·
Trusted Advisor
17,571 Posts
Delete the backup files but NOT the recover files.
You need to come up with a better back up that does NOT user you D (Recover) drive.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.