Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I haven't been here in a while because all things considered it's been smooth sailing on the computer for the last few years. Here is today's problem though. My girlfriend's laptop got hit by lightning a few months ago so we just got her a new one but all of her pictures are on the old hard drive. I bought an external case for the hard drive and it in fact works fine. My problem is how do I get her stuff off of the hard drive? She had a password protected account which I can get the password if I need but her account is hidden with it plugged in as a slave drive on my laptop. The hard drive is running XP and my laptop is running Vista if that's of any use.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Alright, nevermind guys. I figured it out. I had to go in and change the permissions which was expected but it still wouldn't give me access to the files. So I went in to the Vista backup tool and backed up the photos only and had them placed on my hard drive. After I unzipped them all everything was good.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.