Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hellooo all,
i am having a little problem i have rebuilt a pc new mb,RAM but the cpu is not new but it worked in my last pc o also new hard drive iv plugged it all in and double, triple checked it but nothing is in wrong place.
so here is my problem i switch it on everything starts spinning ect but i get nothin on the screen it just says cant find any connection or what ever.
so im getting frustrated so please help

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
Probably the easiest way to confirm a dead motherboard is to replace it with one you know works and see if its all OK!

So all the fans start up when you put power to it?
Do you get any hard drive activity?

I take it you believe your old motherboard to be broken, if thats the case what were the problems you had with that? Was it the same symptoms you are having now?

Can you give us the make and model of your motherboard, RAM, Graphics, Sound, Hard drives, DVD/CD etc, PSU (make, model and wattage).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes all the fans came on and the hard drive seemed to get hot,

ummm the old one just stopped working all together wouldnt switch on at all.

the mb is asrock k10n78, the ram im not to sure off but im goin to get more of it, im using the onboard graphics card but have a ati radeon to put in it i also have two others i know work and i have tried. the sound is on bourd the hard drive is i have a hitachi and a western digital ummm i now suspect that my power suply isnt workin at full capacity(another question if it blows could it harm my motherboaard) but it is a 230V umm the dvd is lg umm anything else?

·
Super Moderator
46,552 Posts
Have you read and followed the guide at the top of the forum for problem builds? If you follow the guide, you will find the cause of your problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.