Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hiya XD

i'm in need of assistance with readydriver plus. i'm using vista ultimate 64 and i've been using readydriver plus to disable driver signing for some apps that i use.

PROBLEM:
recently i installed a 2nd hard disk and readydriver plus stopped booting vista on startup. instead it shows 2 seperate, identical boot menus and on each one it selects readydriver plus and then i'm forced to reset my pc and manually select vista. i think what's happening is on the second boot menu its trying to select the "disable driver signing enforcement" option and it's on the wrong menu so it ends up selecting readydriver plus again. as a result it doesn't boot vista.

MY IDEAS:
i may have an idea as to why its showing 2 boot menus. I have 2 hard disks. 1 for my OS and 1 for backup files. Now I've had readydriver plus installed on both drives, but when I installed it on my backup drive I didn't properly uninstall it. Instead I just formatted the disk and I'm guessing that the "hidden" boot folder that contains the readydriver plus installation still exists on the backup drive.

I believe that is what is causing 2 boot menus(at least for me anyways). Maybe someone can speculate as to whether or not this is true and post a solution.

thanx for your time

EDIT: I've been messing around with it and i should mention that it works fine when I unplug the SATA cable for the 2nd hard disk.

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
back up your data on the 2nd drive and then use disk management to delete the volume, then create a new partition and format it.

If this fails to clean the drive, you will need to use a disk wipe utility to get the job done
http://www.dban.org/ be careful what drive you choose to wipe. This utility will wipe the entire drive, but you don't need this, let it run for a couple minutes then shut down the PC, this will get the job done, then partition and format the drive.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey thanx for the reply. i've been insanely busy lately so i dont have much time for myself. so as soon as i get a chance i'll try what u said and let u know if it worked. hopefully it does. XD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.