Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently upgraded from Windows 98 to the home edition of XP. I also have Office XP. I originally had Windows 3.11 and I have a few files on a disk that were saved in WDB (Works Data Base) format. Is there anyway I can convert those WDB files so I can use them in Office XP?
I would appreciate any help that I can get.
Thank you.

·
Registered
11,755 Posts
Open the database in Works, hit File-Save as and choose CSV file. You should be able to create an Access database (File-Get external data) or Excel spreadsheet (File-Open, change files of type to ALL or CSV) and open the CSV file from either of these.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
have you tried opening them in either access or excel?

a long shot but MS Works is a stripped down version of Office, it's possible that one of them may recognize the format

otherwise, you'd need to get them on a machine with works installed, then save them in a format you can use

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your assistance. I have tried Excel but not Access which I will try. I do remember that the 98 or 99 version of Excel open them but I personally don't have access to it anymore or to Works but I will find someone. Thank you again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for your input. My brain does not work too well sometimes. I just knew it was an older version of Excel and didn't give it a whole lot of thought. I appreciate you explaining it to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.