Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm baffled by my pc's behavor. I can't understand why it takes three cold boots to get past the windows 2000 screen. The load progress pixals at the bottom of the screen get further each time and suddenly freezes, until I turn it off and on for the third time. It then boots normally and behaves fine with no errors. The pc had always booted up fine previously, and I did not change any configurations to make it lock up.
Do you think it may be a loose connection?? I'm running windows 2000 professional on a Gateway platform with an AMD processor, 512mb ram, and a 160gb drive.

Hope someone can help me with this....... :(

·
Registered
394 Posts
How long has it been since you've installed Win2K?? It may be time to format & reinstall. My experience has been that, if windows has been there for 2,3,4 years, and I get problems........it's time to save my stuff & reformat & reinstall Windows!!

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
if it restarts first time when it has been on for awhile it could be the first indications of a failing power supply
next time it does not start turn it off
remove the power cord from the back of the computer for a couple of minutes then put it back in and see if it starts first up

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.