Tech Support Guy banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
19,132 Posts
but seriously...do you mean that you'd like to see the announcement and civi deb forums links at the top again? I'm not jumping back and forth like I used to either. Out of sight, out of mind, I guess. Which can be a good thing as far as civideb goes, imo! ;)

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
valley said:
but seriously...do you mean that you'd like to see the announcement and civi deb forums links at the top again? I'm not jumping back and forth like I used to either. Out of sight, out of mind, I guess. Which can be a good thing as far as civideb goes, imo! ;)
Hello Val - Luvvy ;) Let's just see where it goes - OK?

PS - please stay in touch via the invisible post facility. Works great doesn't it?
But don't let on to anyone here ;) ;) ;)

PPPPS - Hi Julie :D

·
Always remembered in our hearts
82,160 Posts
Yeah that's it Val!!! Bring up my name! :p :D

·
82,160 Posts
Pick one Fishy! :p :D

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There aren't any Oldie

Any wot

Eh?

Any subdivisions you buffoon (with respect)

Eye no there aint

So why state their are too many?

Who me?

Yeeees

Because there is none - er - are non - and I want some :eek:

OK - will see what I can do - OK?

Yes OK - thank you :)

·
82,160 Posts
You at the pub oldie??? :D

·
82,160 Posts
Thought so! :D

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I dont understand why there are 2 "random" topics

ie civ deb and random.

other sites, will have for example (porsche site)

1> Porsche tech (and various sub models etc)
2> Porsche drivers room (for porsche/non tech talk)
3> and an OT (off topic) section where anything goes, jokes, pics, all kinds of discussions, obviously not too rude/crude etc.

so I can't understand, why the civ deb, is described as for being for "thick skinned"?

what kinda topics can be posted in that and the other random sections

cheers

·
Registered
34,269 Posts
well, the seperation is good, it keeps all of those argumentitive Demo-Gops & liberals busy yelling at eachother instead of in random :D

I like the way this is set up for the most part

·
Registered
19,132 Posts
Hi Jaye...civilized debate was created less than a year ago because the first page of the random forum was "taken over" by all of the political debating. Every time the members came, they would have to go to page 2 just to see their favorite threads (Rambling...fun game...tsg tavern...etc..) The political debates would stay on top all of the time and it took its toll because there was so much tension in the forum. Also...there were a lot of birthday threads posted every day and they shoved the regular threads back too so more people complained. To offer a solution....Techguy and the Mods decided that the forum would be broken up into "Random" "Civilized Debate" and "Announcements" to make everyone happy.

Announcements is for birthday threads, birth announcements, congrats, and anything else that is "newsworthy".

Civilized Debate is for hot button issues like Politics, Religion, social problems, etc..

And Random is a stress-free environment where you can kick back and relax and have pleasant conversation with the other members or just get together and act as silly as you want.

Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
34,269 Posts
valley said:
Hi Jaye...civilized debate was created less than a year ago because the first page of the random forum was "taken over" by all of the political debating. Every time the members came, they would have to go to page 2 just to see their favorite threads (Rambling...fun game...tsg tavern...etc..) The political debates would stay on top all of the time and it took its toll because there was so much tension in the forum. Also...there were a lot of birthday threads posted every day and they shoved the regular threads back too so more people complained. To offer a solution....Techguy and the Mods decided that the forum would be broken up into "Random" "Civilized Debate" and "Announcements" to make everyone happy.

Announcements is for birthday threads, birth announcements, congrats, and anything else that is "newsworthy".

Civilized Debate is for hot button issues like Politics, Religion, social problems, etc..

And Random is a stress-free environment where you can kick back and relax and have pleasant conversation with the other members or just get together and act as silly as you want.

you hit it right on the nail head Val ;) :up:

except one thing , Stress in random :eek: :D

><">

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
valley said:
To offer a solution....Techguy and the Mods decided that the forum would be broken up into "Random" "Civilized Debate" and "Announcements" to make everyone happy.

cheers understood !

J

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.