Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so heres the deal, my internet keeps disconnecting. I dont know what it is and i have tried to fix it several times with no luck. I installed windows XP pro to a clean hard drive about 6 months ago and it was running fine. I think it might be a problem with a conflict between MSN Messenger 6.2 (which I installed) and windows messenger (which came with XP pro) because every time I sign in to MSN it says in a MSN window "signing in failed because you have already signed in on another computer. Click here to sign in again" and then when you click it it signs you in but a Windows messenger icon comes up and says "you have been signed out of the .NET messenger service because you signed in at another location". Now heres the wierd part, I uninstalled Windows messenger. As well as this if I connect to the internet and dont open MSN then people can send me messages through Windows Messenger. (This confusing anyone else?) Also it mainly seems to disconnect if I am signed in to MSN and try to do something else like access my hotmail account or visit a website while opening my music player, but it also just disconnects randomly coming up with this message, "Link to My ISP failed, reconnect pending" then counts down form 60 secnds till a reconnect or you can redial straight away. I originally thought that it was something to do with my browser setting and so i configred them all to the best of my knowledge but it still didn't work so I downloaded a new browser changing from internet explorer 6.0 (which I havent uninstalled) to mozilla firefox and have only just realised that its still not working. If someone can understand this and help I would be very grateful. :confused:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok this is getting worse its gettin to the stage where im connecting accessing a page then its disconnecting. I've been disconnected like 8 times in the past 10 mins! Somebody please help me.

·
Gone but Never Forgotten
17,735 Posts
Hi, See if you can get a Hijackthis log so we can see what is going on...

There are directions here to do it: There are .zip form and .exe form, take your pick.

Download it here:

http://radiosplace.com/

Or here.

It's a direct download so be ready with the folder for it.

Basically, you create a new folder, the desktop is OK provided you make a folder, name it something like HJT, and download TO that folder, run hijackthis.exe from there. If there are users of the computer who might start HJT and use it, hide the program in a folder elsewhere!

First open a reply here in your thread to have it ready.
Run Hijackthis.exe, and
Select the "Scan and save a log" button...

When it is done scanning> the Save box will become available, save the log as hijackthis.txt which will open with Notepad. Hit the EDIT> Select All then the EDIT>Copy button at the top of your log, Go back to TSG, and click once in the blank reply space, then go to the top of your browser window and select EDIT>Paste.
Please do NOT use HJT yourself to remove anything, most of what it shows is good and needed by the system. Post the log here, in your thread.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.0
Scan saved at 09:46:42 PM, on 20/01/2005
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTHELPER.EXE
C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\type32.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\point32.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\MsgPlus.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\main\launchpd.exe
C:\Program Files\MICROSTAR\Bluetooth Software\BTTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Nokia\PC Suite for Nokia 6600\connmngmntbox.exe
C:\Program Files\Nokia\PC Suite for Nokia 6600\ectaskscheduler.exe
C:\Program Files\Intuwave\Shared\mRouterRunTime\mRouterRuntime.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Nokia\PCSUIT~1\Elogerr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Nokia\PCSUIT~1\BROADC~1.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\MI43DA~1\BLUETO~1\BTSTAC~1.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\Nokia\PCSUIT~1\SCRFS.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTSvcCDA.EXE
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsPMSPSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\NISUM.EXE
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\AntZ\Desktop\HJT\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.uk/
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccRegVfy] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccRegVfy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WINDVDPatch] CTHELPER.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\UpdReg.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Jet Detection] "C:\Program Files\Creative\SBLive\PROGRAM\ADGJDet.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [type32] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\type32.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelliPoint] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\point32.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MessengerPlus3] "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\MsgPlus.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroCheck] C:\WINDOWS\System32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SSC_UserPrompt] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\UsrPrmpt.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ATI Launchpad] "C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\main\launchpd.exe"
O4 - Global Startup: BTTray.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: PCSuiteForNokia6600 Detect.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: PCSuiteForNokia6600 TS.lnk = ?
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: ATI TV - {44226DFF-747E-4edc-B30C-78752E50CD0C} - C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\tv\EXPLBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{07F757D6-64E1-4579-88EB-9CD112F24063}: NameServer = 195.40.1.36 193.131.248.36
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{07F757D6-64E1-4579-88EB-9CD112F24063}: NameServer = 195.40.1.36 193.131.248.36
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Proxy Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ccPxySvc.exe
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTSvcCDA.EXE
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton Internet Security Accounts Manager - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\NISUM.EXE
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe

Em i think i did this righ but if you can understand it i will take my hat off to you!

·
Gone but Never Forgotten
17,735 Posts
Hi, Nothing bad at all in the log as far as I see.

Though you are using MessgengerPlus3, which if you picked to install the whole deal, contains LOP malware- none of LOP shows in the log, so you must have been careful there. No Service Packs for XP, either...you are being brave! You could have one of many vulnerabilities that could be causing the interference, from exploits just knocking at the door so to speak.
I'd be patching at Windows Updates, at least get Service Pack 1 on there!

Sorry not be able to help, but someone should be able to.

Windows Messenger Service disable: check that the service is disabled:

In Windows XP:
(1) Select "Start"
(2) Choose "Control Panel"
(3) Choose "Administrative Tools"
(4) Choose "Services"
(5) Right-click on "Messenger"
(6) Select "Stop"
To permanently disable Messenger:
(7) Right click "Messenger"
(8) Select "Properties"
(9) Change "Startup Type" to "Disabled" and click "OK"

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Standard British telcom Phoneline don't know if thats any help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.