Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i am running windows vista with all the most recent updates. It randomly happens i get a blue screen for a split second then a reboot and here is the info windows vista gives me ...

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)
Mini031408-01.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt

View a temporary copy of these files
Warning: If a virus or other security threat caused the problem, opening a copy of the files could harm your computer.

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: c5
BCP1: 0000DD58
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 820E17C7
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
Server information: fa056b9f-529c-40c3-a00c-9c0d94e5f0b6

and also this ...

Problem caused by computer hardware

This problem was caused by an unrecoverable hardware error that caused the operating system to stop functioning.

Troubleshooting

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have received this error more than once, it could indicate a serious problem with your computer. We recommend that you do the following:

Back up your files to avoid data loss in case of a complete hardware failure.
Contact the original manufacturer of your computer to determine the specific component which is failing.
Additional technical information

Although we know the problem is caused by a hardware component, the error report does not contain enough information to tell us the specific component. It is likely that the problem is being caused by one of the following computer components:

Random Access Memory (RAM)
System board
Central Processing Unit (CPU)
Power supply

Oh and also I recently installed an mz-s1 mini disc player with sonicstage to transfer songs to the mini disc player, but according to sony's site the hardware and software both support vista.

Should i uninstall the most recent windows updates? I have heard this could be the issue.

Any help would be appreciated it is a custom built comp by me. Has an msi 925k neo mobo, 3.4 ghz p4 cpu, 512mb of corsair memory and 512 of kingston ddr2.

Thanks in advance for the help guys!!

John

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not saying its solved thats just what I am thinking, vista is supposed to support the mz-s1 and sonic stage 4.3 but everytime i go to tranfer songs to the mini disc the comp reboots so it must be that that is causing the reboot ... can anyone help me solve this issue so i can use the mini disc?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes all of that has been installed and it isnt the ram b/c when i use the comp without the program sonicstage running it runs great, right when i use sonicstage i get a crash anyone know anything about this program?

Thanks

·
Registered
45,855 Posts
Please run the ram checker anyway -- different areas of memory can be written to depending on how much is needed.

But let me have a look at the dump files, maybe I can atleast get an idea of what the program is doing when it crashes:

1 > create a new folder on the desktop and call it "dumpcheck" or whatever you like
2 > navigate to %systemroot%\minidump and copy the last few minidump files to that folder.%systemroot% is normally c:\windows. They are numbered by date. You can paste that address in address bar to get there.
3 > close the folder and right click on it and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder.
4 > use the "manage attachments" in the "advanced" reply window to upload that zip file here as an attachment.

>> I see some issues with this device/program associated with Antivirus or firewall programs -- what do you have there?

Download and install HijackThis. Run it and select "do a system scan and save the log file". Then copy/paste the contents of the log to a reply

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download5554.html

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am sorry man I have no time right now I am leaving for florida tomorrow morn. When i get back next saturday we will continue this thanks though.

We will talk soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.