Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Here's a couple of questions....

How much ram is currently installed?
What is the primary use of your pc?

Im asking these questions to find out if its worth while to upgrade your ram.

As for your question about adding faster ram. It will not make your computer run faster in a sense. You will see a performance boost with the total extra ram but, your new ram will run at the lowest memory speed you have installed. To explain this a bit better. Say you have a ddr1600 and a ddr2100. If you install both sticks. The ddr2100 will run at 1600 since it cannot run at 2100.

To add on your question....Yes it would be best to buy the same speed you currently have. Asus states it supports up to ddr2100. Going any higher than 2100 would be a waste of cash if your thinking its going to run at 2700.

I hope this answers your questions?

TC
rockin'male

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
learnerlil said:
My computer is Asus P4VR-MX with memory DDR 184 pin PC2100 266mhz DIMM. Can I upgrade with different memory (faster maybe) or does it have to be exactly the same?
That Asus number does not exist :rolleyes:

·
Registered
728 Posts
Hey steve!

I think he was referring to the p4vp-mx. Since ther is no p4vr version on their site. It's maybe just a typo error.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.