Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to identical 80GB Seagate SATA drives set up as a Raid, don't remember the number but they were a mirror of each other and Win XP Pro was on them, one was drive C and the start up. They were drives 3 & 4 in BIOS I had 2 IDE drives as 1 & 2. MOBO is ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe. Something failed on drive C, set BIOS to non RAID connected the mirror drive I believe that it was designated J changing the drive letter to C so the registry would still function. Some things still see that drive as J most don't including the system hardware.

I would like to put the drive back in the system, but each time I reconnect it the system either fails to start or takes 20 minutes to start and then nothing works correctly or spontaneous. I suspect that the system is seeing both drives as C and therefor goes nuts trying to figure out which one is the real C drive.

I have since installed Win 7 on a logical portion of one of the other drives. I have not tried to connect that drive using Win 7.

I think I may have a malicious software lurking somewhere on my home built system, but one issue at a time.

Results from Sysinfo:
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3070 Mb
Graphics Card: RADEON 9800 PRO, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 76316 MB, Free - 17630 MB; D: Total - 131069 MB, Free - 45144 MB; E: Total - 114463 MB, Free - 45563 MB; F: Total - 21555 MB, Free - 2427 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer Inc., P4C800-E, Rev 1.xx, MB-1234567890
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.