Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and thanks in advance for reading this rant:

My Thinkpad T42 (Windows XP) has operated virtually flawlessly for 2 years. Two days ago, I booted up like normal, and all of a sudden, the key combination Fn-F5, which used to bring up the Radio Control Window -- for initiating wireless Internet communication (and Bluetooth, which I have never used), doesn't appear! In fact, the volume and brightness buttons, which, when pressed, used to momentarily display green-colored graphics on the screen, no longer work either. I'm getting absolutely no on-screen graphics - nothing - when I press these buttons, although the volume and brightness levels DO respond normally. (I'm using my wireless card software to turn my radio on).

I've gone to the Lenovo website, updated my BIOS, downloaded the on-screen utility, and I've exhausted the possibilities that I'm capable of trying.

These on-screen graphics (radio control window, volume level, brightness level) were working fine for two years, and now THEY'RE GONE. The computer seems to be functioning normally otherwise, although I've had a pop-up virus hammering me recently, which is easily erased using McAfee or by using the Tools-Internet Options-Delete Files command in IE.

Can anybody help me restore the on-screen graphics?

Steve D.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.