Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a problem, when I started my desktop pc this morning the screen turned pink when it got to the log on screen(it was fine last night), If I roll back the drivers in device manager to basic windows drivers, it's fine, however when I install any radeon drivers it goes pink again, i have so far tried: changing the HDMI Cable, i put the graphics card in my brothers pc instead of his R9 290 without touching his drivers and it was ok, so far i have tried driver version, 17.7 ,18.5.1, 18.8.1, and 18.9.1(latest drivers) i even uninstalled the drivers in safe mode using DDU (display driver uninstaller from guru3d) right now i am at a total loss of what to do, several hours of googleing have produced nothing,

PC specs: ASRock 970 pro3 R2.0 Mobo
FX 8370 4.0ghz(octo core processor)
32gb DRR 3 1600mhz Ram
and ROG Strix RX 580 8GB Graphics Card
running on Windows 10 Pro (insiders program or whatever they call it)
250gb SSD(Gigabyte) operating system only
and 2 normal HDD's for everything else

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i had to perform a windows reset , which didn't appear to fix it at first, so i turned off my pc to watch netflix on my tv, and that too was pink which i found very strange, i ended up having to watch a movie via a thumb drive on the tv which fixed it, so i now believe my tv was the problem all along :( i have since been able to reinstal my display drivers and haven't had the pink screen issue since

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.