Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If i was to set up reps in Quickbooks, which from what i can tell it is just by creating an employee.... will i be able to go back at the end of each much and see what income was brought in by each Rep? of course i would set up rep codes so i enter that in the order. i just wanted to know about month and/or year end information. or if that is too much to ask from Quickbooks

·
Registered
255 Posts
Which version of QB are you running?

I do what you are doing - tracking income to sales people - using classes, setting up a class per sales person. Maybe they call them reps in the newer versions?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
using quickbook premier 2004... so your saying... set up a sale person as an employee and set up classes?

also... i know when entering Sales Orders, you can customize the form to include a field for Rep, and so if i was to set up Reps w/ associated #'s, i wanna know if i can track that. would i still need classes set up?

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'm trying to remember, we did this a long time ago. I'm pretty sure the tracking had to come from class, it was easier to run a report on the class.

We don't do payroll or anything else so we don't use any other employee functions. We simply set up a class for each person we wanted to track sales/invoices etc for. It also allows us to send one invoice to the same client with multiple people working hours on a project. You can have the first line be 5 hours for Joe and the next line be 7 hours for Pete for example.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.