Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading some old articles about the x1900 vs nvidias 78xx and 79xx series, and just wanted to clear this up. Do nvidias cards end up having higher image quality than ati's? I know that the high quality anti-s is better with ati, but I got the impression that the higher the resolution of the image, the less detail would be in the picture ofr an ati card. Can someone clear this up for me. Do nividias cards have better image quality than ati or the other way around, if you have sources that would be great.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Way to much to go into far as detail goes. Does one actually produce a better quality image? Not really, again to many factors that would be involved. like manufactures, EVGA, XFX, BFG ,ATI Ext.. not all use the same chips, they may all use the same GPU but the rest of the cards are totally different far as quality of chips being used. Then you have to take directX and drivers into consideration, Omega or Nvidaia Or ATI. much more to factor in

The answer would be no,

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was reffering to refference cards, i.e radeon and geforce. From what i have seen and a few articles I have read have implied, is that certain gpu's are better with image quality than others. I was reading this one article that had screenshots for the 7800 gtx, and screenshots from the x1900 xtx. And there was no comparison, the quality of the image for the 7800gtx was much more detailed. Again these were on refference cards not third party vendors. The drivers as well were official forceware and catalyst drivers, no 3rd parties. Has no one else read anything on this? The reason I am asking is because i am trying to buy a midgrade video card until I can afford the 8800. I can get an evga 7950 gt 512 ko for 200, and I can get a x1900 xt for 270, both new. I am trying to figure out what would be the better the deal in the long run.

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Certain games may look better on an ATI than a Nvidia. Also some website may cater to a particular brand. A patch upgrade from either company and or setting in the game can effect image quality.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.