Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this last minute because a friend of mine told me it was good and I trusted his opinion. But now i started to look around a bit and it looks like there are better burners with lightscribe for cheaper!

So, is the one I bought good for the price or do you think i should cancel my order and get a different one?

(the one i bought is from tiger, the cheaper ones are from newegg)

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
You might get one a few bucks cheaper, but this seems like a decent deal. My biggest complaint with Tiger is they always rape you on the shipping. If you can still cancel it, go for it. :D

·
Registered
420 Posts
well, from looking around the scene this is a really good burner. I hear its used a lot for backup up xbox360 games. I had one till I moved. It is really reliable, and i never made a coaster.

·
Banned
772 Posts
I have a Pioneer. Cost about 20 bucks. Funny thing. Got some Double-Layer discs. Works just fine with VSO DVDCopy. Doesn't work at all with Nero, the trial version of which was packaged with the drive. Hell, it didn't even READ DVD video out of the box. But after the appropriate codecs were downloaded, and I deleted Nero, I haven't had a problem. Even copy movies with it!

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
Graphics are kind of weak, but labling is alright. I dont often use the lightscribe. But the drive is a good one none the less.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I could do without the lightscribe if that means a more expensive drive. I really just want a burner that will have no problem burning any type of DVD, and does it without losing any quality (if that can happen)

the samsung has a shorter access time, and has lightscribe, and is about a dollar more than the LG. other than that, they are basically the same.

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Samsung makes good stuff...

Drives I don't have issues with: Samsung, LG, Pioneer - SONY (but Sony maybe using LiteON for low-end models) and of course Plextor ($$$).

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.