Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Launch Bar Help!

2K views 25 replies 6 participants last post by  HABSFAN 
#1 ·
My Quick launch bar has diappeared & all the Toolbar options are greyed out. I am using W98SE. I have found quick launch folder in C with all shortcuts.
Iappreciate anyhelp you can give.
Thks

#6 ·
in my machine it is located at
C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch.
try this
delete your quick launch folder, and recreate.
Drag and drop the programs to it. It will naturally ask you whether you want to create a shortcut instead of copying the program.
post back the results

#7 ·
i DELETED 'quick launch" folder & recreated it but was not asked to create shortcut. Of course when I send it to dtop all i get is a folder on dtop. I've done Virus scans with 3 different prods in last 24 - all negative. Cleanned registry & have done 2 spyware cks(updated) both negative. (1 alexa) Ad aware comes up negative. I am going to try moving QL folder out IE & see if this gets ant response.

Thks for tip tho.

#8 ·
hey, do not move the quick launch folder to desktop. Just create it there. (C:\windows......, I dont remember the path, use the path in my previous post)
Then put some programs in it. > To do this, right click on a program in the program menu. Select send to Desktop (create shortcut). Then drag drop that shortcut in to quick launch. this should work. Try it, and post back the results.

#13 ·
C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick LauncH

Yes I have tried this twice & still have not been asked for option to create a short cut.

Can you post me the value in your registry for the following entry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\ClassicShell

I deleted Internet explorer from my desktop & I believe this cud solve my problem
Make sure you use the error to get whole entry

THKS

Thks

#17 ·
Originally posted by Rockn:
Here are the values that should be in there:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;273785&Product=w98

I am assuming Win98. Do you have TweakUI power toys installed?
Thks for tip but I already been there & deleted the registry entry & it didn't fix the problem. Now I want to put entey back with correct valie.
I am running 98 but no Tweak UI I deleted the ibon with another util.

CCAN YOU GIVE ME COIRRECT VALUES AS IF ie WAS STILL THERE??

#18 ·
You can restore your Win98/98 SE OS by using the PCRESTOR.BAT file found in the \Tools\Sysrec subfolder on the Windows 98/98 SE Setup CD-ROM.
To use it: open Windows Explorer or File Manager (FM = C:\Windows\Winfile.exe) and (double)-click on Pcrestor.bat. This will copy Msbatch.inf to the newly created C:\Restore folder, and then it will run Setup.exe unattended, which will reinstall the OS over your existing copy, thus repairing a possibly damaged system.

#21 ·
Originally posted by dude189:
You can restore your Win98/98 SE OS by using the PCRESTOR.BAT file found in the \Tools\Sysrec subfolder on the Windows 98/98 SE Setup CD-ROM.
To use it: open Windows Explorer or File Manager (FM = C:\Windows\Winfile.exe) and (double)-click on Pcrestor.bat. This will copy Msbatch.inf to the newly created C:\Restore folder, and then it will run Setup.exe unattended, which will reinstall the OS over your existing copy, thus repairing a possibly damaged system.
Thks for the tip but Windows actually is now running great (I actually reinstalled it early trhis week) ran SFC earlier today & reinstalled one file. ( If only I hadn't allowed my hatred of IE to lead me to remove the bloody icon). Ilove Mozilla Firox -Tabbed browsing is great.
I think I'll live with situ for now.
Thks for info & effort

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.