Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have an HP a1730n Tower and want to upgrade my memory and install a new graphics card but am at a loss about what slot it goes into because I can put how i read it anyway in 2 different slots and want to use the best one i believe that would be the pci express slot.
it says on-line i can up grade it to 4 gig max istead of the 2 that it is currently.

Any help or ideas wuold be awesome thanks!

Sparky8265:eek:

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
The slots in the top right hand corner of the image are the RAM slots, and should be the same for your PC.

These are NOT the PCI slots, but the DIMM slots for RAM.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Please take care when choosing your graphics card especially due to the fact that your computers PSU will almost certainly struggle with the more modern graphics cards available today. I would sudgest that you post on this thread the writing (usually on a sticker) which is shown on the side of your PSU in your current case - people will be able to guide you better with more info.

Eddited (additional Info)
I have found your servicing manual for your pc and can only find the following info regarding power consumption:

WARNING: Do not overload the system
by installing add-in cards that draw
excessive current. The system is designed
to provide 2 amps (average) of +5 V
power for each board/card in the
computer. The total +5 V current draw in
a fully loaded system (one with all add-in
card slots filled) must not exceed the total
number of slots multiplied by 2 amps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.