Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
If you just yank the plug out while it's booted, you can most certainly cause yourself problems! You should shutdown normally before you remove power from the machine.

·
Super Moderator
46,552 Posts
Ok, if you do not shutdown correctly then you can cause problems.
Post exactly what happens when you try and shutdown the system.

·
Registered
322 Posts
ville_valo Do you mean ???? if you turn your pc off and then unplug it from the mains will it cause you problems ?????? ....... if thats your qustion,,,,, no it wont cause you a problem,,,,, just a little hard to work out what you are asking,,,,, if you havent got your answer repost it below

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
I think he's just yanking the plug because it's not shutting down correctly, if I read what's transpired so far. That is something that should be fixed, and may indeed cause disk corruption at some point.

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
I think that's about the 3rd time it's been answered, but in case you didn't see it, YES, THAT IS A PROBLEM! ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
:) hey ville_valo you can try to press the power button on the tower to turn it off as an alternative as it turns the computer off and if it it does not work this way as well do let us know that do you get any error message ? thanks

·
Registered
97 Posts
ville_valo said:
And how i can solve these problems?If i will use the Scandisk?
what kinda problem do you have exactly? be more specific! you asked improper shutdown can cause problems...ofcourse it can as johnwill said...disk corruption will happen in the future if you don't shutdown properly. You said in previous posts that you have to yank the main coz pc is not responding w/ the usual shutdown...right? Does it freeze up on you when you try to shut it down properly? BE MORE SPECIFIC W/ YOUR PROBLEM... :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.