Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Connector plate? Uhm. From where? The expansion card slot protector plates of the case, the included I/O plate of the case, or what?

·
Retired Trusted Advisor
9,126 Posts
If you are referring to the I/O shield plate, no. They are intended to be bent upward, but only enough so they still touch the metal parts of the LAN, sound, etc connector assemblies.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
If you're talking about the motherboard tray, in the title, then the little bendy parts are probably the expansion card slot covers (thin, pretty long), and they don't need to be removed, and shouldn't, only when you're adding a card into the slot that one covers. They protect you from dust, and are not in the way of anything.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Are you talking about these expansion slots?
If so you can remove them when you add a card, some you can screw off, and re-add later. Other need to be bent out.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you talking about these expansion slots?
If so you can remove them when you add a card, some you can screw off, and re-add later. Other need to be bent out.
Yes! That plate. The top one you circled, anyway. It has those little bendy parts and I wasn't sure if I should just snap them off or not. I figured bending them out of the way would be good, too.

·
Registered
11,670 Posts
The "little bendy parts" you speak of are "sping tangs" or "spring tabs". They are designed to provide grounding by contact to the I/O output housings from the chassis. They should not need to be bent or broken off if you installation is correct. They should just be in contact with the I/O housings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.