Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has bought any good html and css books. I actually have a couple were you follow along and actually make a site but would like some more as I am new to css and find I am having problems with the positioning of boxes.

I have the head first book which was ok but kind of hard to follow for someone new to css. I now am working on Build your web site the right way and it is a good book also

I still feel I need to work through some more projects and I really like the books that you actually do something other than read and then you can not remember half of the stuff after you read it. I feel there is no practice like doing.

So of anyone knows of some really good books where you actually do a site while reading the book I would appreciate the names of the books.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Head first is the easiest always...

Anyway go to w3schools.com to learn and do the exercises.

·
Registered
13 Posts
w3schools.com is awesome

I have a couple of books that got me started:

HTML and CSS in 24 hours by Dick Oliver and Michael Morrison (7th edition is what I used, there may be a newer one)
Idiots Guide to Creating a Website by Paul Mcfedries (Also a good one, little older, but good for basics)

But since standards are changing you may want to get something a little more up to date, I use the other ones just for reference really.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.