Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my wife and i were listening to a music file sent to us from russia, which was played by QuickTime. On friday, she attempted to delete a file that had been produced in our Internet Temp File folder. She could not delete the file, instead "cutting" it (cut/paste) and pasted into the trash. when rebooting, our computer hosed and produced a window with error message for qttask ...anyway, now, my computer reboots in safemode only, doesnt recognize my mouse, and we've spend 2 days trying to fix our computer...hosed...any help??? thanks--bob

·
Registered
108 Posts
You might try letting it boot into safe mode then go to Start>Run type: msconfig. When the window pops up go to the 'startup' tab, go down the list and see if 'qttask' is listed and if it is, see if there is a check mark next to it. If it is checked, uncheck it click apply and then click ok. Let your computer restart and see if that works.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.