Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 512mB of memory that I need to put into my computer (when I find out how to open it :))
Is it just a matter of putting the memory in the right slot or do I need to do anything else please??
the memory I have says
System 512MB 184-PINN DIMM 64x64 DDR PC3200 UNBUFF
thanks

· Banned
11,098 Posts
Welcome,

Just turn off and put your hand on the tower case to discharge your body of static electricity and then unplug the PC .....open the side of the tower put your memory in and re-start your PC and it should be recognised.

· Registered
1,323 Posts
First Name -
B.L.
May I suggest that bonk is only partially correct. You SHOULD turn off the computer. You SHOULD NOT unplug it. The reason being that when you unplug the computer you remove the ground connection to your electrical system. You need that to properly keep a static electricity discharge path. And I assume that you already are aware that the memory you install should be the same type/speed (184-PIN DIMM 64x64 DDR PC3200 UNBUFF) as the memory already installed. Make sure that it is completely seated and the retaining snaps are fully in place on each end of the slot.

· Super Moderator
46,878 Posts
I think before you do anything, you should find out what memory is installed in your system. Installing mis-matched memory can and often does lead to problems.

Post your exact specs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.