Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
M ywife is running Windows ME, she got the Program Error - Pure Virtual Function Call message, not sure what program she was running but what is it?

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Hi,

The only info I've been able to find, indicates that this problem has to do with a compatibility issue between some mfc*.dll's and oleaut32.dll. Does this error occur in Outlook? If it only occurs while running a certain application, you might want to try a re-install, or even a full removal and re-install.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think it happened in MS Publisher, when it happens again I will get more details to post on here. Thanks! I think it is a program issue.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My wife was simply on the internet on Microsoft Internet Explorer. Seems to be a result of using the internet. Any ideas?

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
That is an error message being caused by a program she has running. The next time she gets the error message, have her see what is running in the background. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL and look at the list. Copy it.

Check MSCONFIG to see what is running at startup and you can try a process of elimination to try and find the culprit. I would start by unchecking any Internet Programs from startup and see how it goes.

The idea is to see which program is causing the error message.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.