Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought a new vista PC and a new vista laptop. I moved all my files from my previous XP machines ok and all seemed fine. I set up sharing & the permissions so that all files can be seen on all machines but when I open & save a publisher 2000 document the "guest" (used for sharing) is missing from the group & user names list in security on the file and I have to put it back before another networked machine can see this file. If I alter & save this file again, again I have to manually put "guest" back in the group & user names list. This does not happen with word 2000 & excel 2000 documents - "guest" stays in the group & user names list. I know that you would expect all office 2000 documents to behave the same but they don't - help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks but I've not had anything back. I've almost got it cracked. It involves getting the correct shaing & permissions set up. I can do it with a folder on my C drive but have yet to replicate the fix on a folder on my main storage D drive. When/if I do I'll post here for any other poor sod who's going through the same trauma as me. If someone has a propper fix I'm still interested.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.