Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to share email across a network with one other computer using Outlook 2000 on both PCs.

I've been told to create a public folder, but when I ask 'help' about 'Public Folders' it tells me to create a new folder in the public folder... but there isn't one there?

Help is taking me around in circles! How do I create a Public Folder in the first place?

·
Registered
382 Posts
I might be wrong.... but to the best of my knowledge you would need to be running exchange if you want to have public folders. Do you have exchange??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I just installed Exchange after posting this question yesterday ... it seems to have solved that as there is now a public folder. But among the manual for Office 2000 there is a dearth of anything about Exchange server... so I'll keep fiddling and see what happens!

·
Registered
382 Posts
There is a great book for exchange out there, Sams teach yourself exchange in 10 minutes. There are a whole bunch of lessons, broken into 10 min. segments. And feel free to post!! We'll do our best to help you.
Best of luck.

·
Registered
9,101 Posts
Sams teach yourself exchange in 10 minutes. There are a whole bunch of lessons, broken into 10 min. segments.
I have this book at work that I give to the users that have questions. It's a whole lot easier then spending time with each of them for simple tasks.:cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.