Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm searching for a new PSU and all I need is advise on what brands to look for. I'll be looking for a PSU capable of running 3 hard drives, a floppy drive, a CD-RW and a DVD +-RW Dual layer drive. Perhaps a 400W?
Thanks

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
There's some very good units but the first question is, as always, what do you have to spend? Good units are Thermaltake, Enermax, some Antec, etc. $$$ is the key to make and model.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Spending wise - I 'm looking as cheaply as possible (don't wanna vex the wife!!!) Obviously, being in UK, I'm not up-to-speed with the old £ to $ conversion!!!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I'm looking at around £20 which may be around $40. The brands you suggested seem to be top-of-the-range? I'm not looking to spend that much (see my PC specs to give reason why!!!)

Perhaps I could look at mid-range brands? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
See above - lol

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Typing at the same time. This will be a bit difficult to find one for you since I can't really look at UK sites and judge value so I'll say this, look for Thermaltake, Enermax and Antec in you're price range. I'm sorry to say that $55.00 isn't a great deal when looking for quality. The wattage isn't really the deciding factor. There are PSUs out there that quote 600 watts that are complete junk. Others that are rated at 350 watts that are excellent. Brand name is everything to most of us. Look for a site like Newegg in your part of the world and pick a couple then post the link then we can see it and advise. That's the best I can do.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK. We have a site over here :- http://www.overclockers.co.uk which tends to use top quality hardware. A lot of gamers/tech freaks (for want of a better phrase) use this.

I'll look around and post back - thanks bro!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks good - there's one on one of the ebay shops for £24.99 (about $48) - I'll have another look in the morning - it's very late here!!!

Thanks for the help!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.