Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I have worded this the best i can so hope you can follow what i mean. Thankyou for your views and posts.

My question is:

Is it possible to have a picture of a person say "eminem" for example and cut out his face and then use a digital camera or dv camera to position and add another (say my own) face "LIVE" in the space where the original photo is cut out?

Think of it as placing your face in one of the boards on Blackpool Pier so that your face is on somebody elses body?

Perhaps to put it simpler can i have an open window in PSpro or photoshop and use my digital still or video camera to capture that image in that window for manipulation rather than just opening photos from my hard drive?

I know i can use a number of available tools in PSPro or Photoshop to superimpose one face over another but sometimes the position is in the wrong place or does not fit.

Regards. Marcan.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I thought i would have had at least a "NO". Have i offended people here?

65 views and not one reply. Am i expecting to much? I feel loneley now. I seemed to have stumped everyone. Well i still havent managed this feat. Its a no-no i guess.

Thanks for the views hough.:)

·
Banned
8,372 Posts
I would have gladly responded but your post confuses me to much...

Sorry

I have not a clue what this is ... "eminem"

nor this... "Blackpool Pier"

If you want to put your picture on some other body using digital software then there are plenty that can help...

buck

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can i have an open window in PSpro or photoshop and use my digital still or video camera to capture an image in that window for manipulation rather than just opening photos from my hard drive?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, you can put your face on someone else's body using pretty much any photo editing software. (Photoshop, Digital Image, Picture It etc.) You would need to select the area to be removed, remove it, and then insert your image.

I know who eminem is... but I'm not sure what you mean by inseting your face
"LIVE"

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
marcan said:
Can i have an open window in PSpro or photoshop and use my digital still or video camera to capture an image in that window for manipulation rather than just opening photos from my hard drive?
Not in the way I think you are trying to go.

Most cameras show as drives. You can go File > Open and navigate to that drive and the photos on your camera. You can then open the image directly from the camera to the editor. It acts no differently than downloading first to the HD and then opening from there.

There isn’t a way to have a ‘live” picture from the camera that superimposes in the image editor to give you special editing capabilities. To replace a head you still have to select a head with similar lighting and grain. Drag the selected head onto the image with the head you want to replace. Then use the transform tool to get it to the exact size. A little feathering of the head selection sometimes helps. I prefer touching up the transition with the smudge tool, but everyone has their own preferences.

But the method doesn’t vary whether you open the image directly from the camera or have it go via the HD.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK then "inseting" should have been "inserting"> When i said "live" i meant not from a picture that was already taken , sorry. I know i can cut, copy, paste my face onto another persons body I could also use the clone brush in PSPro or Photoshop. But i can only do this from a photo/file already saved on my harddrive. See attachments below if they are there.

I want to have the original photo with say the "face" cut out and then use either my Digital Camera or DV cam to line up "my face" or another behind it. Once it is in position to take the photo and the result would be that "my face" would be in place of the original.

Obviously i know what i mean but i dont seem to be able to get the right point across to the forum iwriting so thanks for your time.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
It can’t be done the way you describe. There is no image editor I know of that will work directly with an image being transmitted live from the camera. It certainly can’t be done with Photoshop or PSP.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thankyou to all posters on this difficult subject. I will marked as solved when i return to this post. You have all been really helpful. Regards. Marcan.

·
Trusted Advisor
21,439 Posts
marcan said:
I know i can use a number of available tools in PSPro or Photoshop to superimpose one face over another but sometimes the position is in the wrong place or does not fit...
Transforming (scaling and rotating) and Repositioning to fit ...
Is easy to do if the individual pictures are in different layers.
Not familiar w PSP .. I use Photoshop.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mmm. only use these programs for fun. I think if either the programs worked lin the way that i had hoped it would be easier. Very time consuming to resize scale blend and other ways to have seemless intigration though worth it if you really wanted a good photo.

Perhaps i have a photo of "someone looking left". I want to appear as if that someone is looking at me but dont have a saved photo that matches. So i then have to go and take a photo of myself and try to get the position correct and then rescale, resize cut crop rotate. If that is the only way then that is the only way.

I thought that it maybe possible to have the photo loaded. See myself on the screen. Take photo. Then manipulate. But then again i usually expect to much.

What about films where they film with a blue background and then add background images later? What sort of program would do this?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
PS,

The Images that i put on my posts earlier where very easyto do with PSpro. It took me less than 5 minutes. I know that if i had took more time then i could hav made a better job. I am not used to working with layers in PSPro or Photoshop.

·
Trusted Advisor
21,439 Posts
I wouldn’t know how to do this without using layers.

Layers is like looking at a deck of cards .. face up.
Cut a hole in the top card … What do you see ???

Working with separate picture(s) on different layers would be easier to manipulate than trying to make a separate Picture from a camera … IMO.

Your attachments were too small to really see.

What version of Photoshop do you have ??

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi again Noyb,

I have Photoshop CE version 9. It was installed on my computer by an old friend. She, i believe, had it for for university were it was going to be a big part in her studies. I cant say that i use it for much more than correcting photos and messing about really.

·
Trusted Advisor
21,439 Posts
There's not much better than PS CS2 (version9).
The
problem is it takes a long time to learn all the tricks, procedures and how the tool work.
I wouldn't know .. What little I know .. If I hadn't had access to a library of training VHS tapes several years ago.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
which version of psp do you have ?

i have ps cs2 also but find myself using pspX for most things that i want to do quickly...
i could prob. talk you thru some of the ways to do it in psp with the layers and masks.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the offer t Bone.

I cannot think of any project that i want to try out just now. If i get stuck i will come looking for you, if you dont mind that is? I have PSPro 8. I seem to prefer this to PSce. I dont know why though. I will try and post some pictures that i have messed with. I dont know if you will see the one below clearly. Its of the statue of liberty. I took the picture when i was in NYC last year. :)

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
should just b.... manage attatchments>browse to the pic then open>upload...then "close this window" submit reply ;)

i started with psp8 you can do quite a bit with it

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.