Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I need the disc to play my PS2 online? I remember it came with a disc or something but its at my dad's house, is it 100% needed for online game play?

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I managed to get my PS2 online (slimline version) without that disk. In fact I didn't even have it!

I chose online play in the game, it took me to network setup, entered the details, it rebooted and I was able to play.

What game is it?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, thats what I thought. It will save me the trouble of going to my dads and maybe not even being able to find it.
I just got back from K-mart and was talking to a guy and it seems that some ps2 games you don't need the disc.
I was thinking of trying Socom Navy Seals:Combined Assault.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Don't know the game but don't get too excited. I think the slimline PS2's with the built in ethernet are easier to setup than a standardPS2 with one of those attachment boxes

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought Socom Combined Assault and hooked it up to my broadband internet router and the game has a build in network setting adder for the game so I was happy to find that the internet is now working on my PS2 for Socom.
P.S. I have a PS2 slimline so hooking up ethernet was no problem.

One more question.. I have everything set-up but I have a microphone and headset combo which would be nice to use in -game. How do I set this up because I have the PS2 hooked up to the T.V. and there is only one plug-in for headset, the headset I have there are two plugins, one for the headset and one for the microphone.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Did the internet thing work ok after?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@ Jackdw, yeah the game is working awesome, all I did was hook the ethernet up to my slimline and popped in the Socom: Combined Assault disk then I go to online and add the network configuration and it saves it to memory card so the PS2 network disc isn't needed for this game.

@ Couriant, I went to EB Games today and got me a logitech socom headset and everything is working nice and smoothly online.

@ Kobe81, not sure how AOL works, someone else can probably help you better, I have a router so I just run the ethernet cord from the modem to the internet slot on the router then in port 1 on the router i run an ethernet cord to the PC then on port 2 of router I run it to the PS2, if its a slimline it will have a network adaptor, if not you will need to buy one, assuming that your internet uses ethernet/cable and not phone line, If it's phoneline I don't know.
Then you can put in a game and go to online and configure your network settings then you can test the connection then you can continue online and make a username and password and join in, some games have built in network configuration settings, some you will need the disc that game with ps2 when you bought it, you need memory card so updates and setttings can be saved to it, and you will need a USB headset that will connect to your PS2 if you want to talk to people in-game, stereo headsets don't work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.