Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,920 Posts
Could try doing a port scan over a range of address. As long as your on a local network and your reasons are legit you should be fine. I've used superscan before. Worked good for me.

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm, what and look for anything answering on the wdap port?
Didnt think of that.
It was a question that came up in my ISA class.
Just curious if it could even be done.

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ipconfig and Winipcfg wouldnt work
Most isp's provide some sort of proxie server/settings for registration purposes, at least AT&T broadband network does.
For example, @home used a proxie server for their network. The client chose automatic discovery. Which IE will then begin to search. As long as the Proxie server has Automatic discovery enabled in the configuration, the settings happen "seamlessly" (without the user knowing).
I want to know how or if you can discover the ip address of this proxie server on your network.
I am running XP btw.

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ipconfig and Winipcfg wouldnt work
Most isp's provide some sort of proxie server/settings for registration purposes, at least AT&T broadband network does.
For example, @home used a proxie server for their network. The client chose automatic discovery. Which IE will then begin to search. As long as the Proxie server has Automatic discovery enabled in the configuration, the settings happen "seamlessly" (without the user knowing).
I want to know how or if you can discover the ip address of this proxie server on your network.
I am running XP btw.

· Registered
224 Posts
Like my name implies I'm working on it (learning) all the time. I use "2000 pro" and "me".I'm not sure if I understand completely but "netstat" may be what you are after?

edit:netstat does'nt seem to be the ticket.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.