Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently aquired a Toshiba TLP 570 Projector, with what i assume would be a bad power supply? When i press the button nothing happens no lights nothinh. Is there a way to test this ? Also anyone know where i could get some litture on this? I tried toshiba.com and they have nothing there. I appricate the help...

·
Registered
428 Posts
Yea, you can take the projector into your local computer store, like CompUSA or somethin like that. I'm not sure, but I think best buy could check it out too. If ur askin how to check it urself, you could get one of those volt testers with the 2 prongs at the end and stick them in one of plugs when the PSU is on. That's just a guess at how you could test it tho. I assume no responsibility for damage done in this way. :D

·
Registered
252 Posts
would have to say wouldn't recommend you test it your self, can be quit dangerous, get a data engineer or electrician to look at shouldn't cost you too much!

Rutter

·
Registered
10,673 Posts
Originally posted by Rutter:
would have to say wouldn't recommend you test it your self, can be quit dangerous
I would have to disagree. The power supplies on these aren't like the ones on a TV. With common sense you should be OK BUT FIRST I would check the continuity on the bulb. They only last a year or so and is common to go bad on you. You can see them HERE.

·
Registered
10,673 Posts
I would check the bulb first.

Then if (and only if) the bulb is good, I would get a service manual for it and check inside for things like bad fuses.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Just dont forget u void any warrenty left on the product and no service technician I know would touch it once u have messed around inside it mate!

Rutter :D

·
Registered
10,673 Posts
It might be out of warranty anyways, so they have nothing to lose, and everything to gain :p

Just be careful while you're poking around in there. If you have any questions about what you see, just post them before you do anything ;)

·
Registered
10,673 Posts
Most likely from the manufactures web site, or from goggle. I'll poke around and see if I can find one for you. If I do, then I'll post it here for you ;)

·
Registered
10,673 Posts
OK that one that I posted before is not thesame. You need to find one of these models:

TLP 510/511/571

I'll see if I can find anything on any of them for you ;)

·
Registered
10,673 Posts
You know you can go to the library and probably find a service manual for it too ;)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Library... hmmm
intresting concept. it could work put a bunch of books in one place and wow. I am just kiddin. Yeah our lilbrary is really small but i can check there not guarinteein anything at all

·
Registered
10,673 Posts
I think only the larger "main" libraries have them, but you might get lucky :D

·
Registered
10,673 Posts
Usually it's the same machine, minus a few features. It should work.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.