Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking to get a projector to watch dvd's, play games on, but also for connecting to my pc... so i need a fairly high resolution to view text etc...

i don't really know much, i mean i know about lumens and resolutions of screens etc, but need a quick crash course from someone who's willing...

· Registered
253 Posts
For what you want to do, you're going to want a 1024x768 resolution which is high deff. I would get at least 1500 lumens for any purpose, but 2000+ would be nice. Lastly for any purpose I would ALWAYS buy a DLP projector. STAY AWAY FROM LCD PROJECTION!! They look horrible. Hope this helped. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

· Registered
2,208 Posts
Lumens and resolution are about the only concerns you should have when looking around. Pay close attention to the inputs that the projector has, as well as the geometry and other settings that are available. Make sure you can either see the projector in action before buying it or make sure that you can return it in case you don't like it. As ineedhelp suggested, get a DLP projector, not an LCD.

Be aware that projector bulbs cost about $400 to replace, and they do burn out after 1000-2000 hours.

· Registered
253 Posts
matt, those are the contrast ratios. In general the higher the ratio, the better the blacks will be, and the better the picture will be.

· Registered
57 Posts
This here is a decent site to browse for the sort of thing you looking for, it'll give you an idea of what's what:
https://www.3dsolutions.co.uk/ASP/select_projector.asp

As you stated above, this will be for home use right? Well, off the top of my head this Projector actually did pretty well in my opinion, as I've seen it in action. Replacement bulbs are fairly cheap too.
PowerLite S3 Multimedia Projector

If you've got a little bit extra money to spend I'd suggest following ineedhelp890's advice. Just really research before you buy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.