Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there really a good program that will do great diagnostics of your systems and fix many bugs ? I tried Norton Utilities but without any success. It always finds problems that never affect your system at all. Things you never noticed and won't ever change anything.

My system is slow for some applications (like Display Properties) lately and I suspect I have deleted some important dll's be uninstalling programs. I can't restore my computer back because I don't have restoration points beyond april anymore.

Thanks

·
Registered
16,274 Posts
karbo said:
Is there really a good program that will do great diagnostics of your systems and fix many bugs ? I tried Norton Utilities but without any success. It always finds problems that never affect your system at all. Things you never noticed and won't ever change anything.

My system is slow for some applications (like Display Properties) lately and I suspect I have deleted some important dll's be uninstalling programs. I can't restore my computer back because I don't have restoration points beyond april anymore.

Thanks
You could repair install

·
Banned
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're talking about Windows XP install repair ? Well I don't have the CD because it was installed by a friend. It's a corporate version at my company. I will have to ask my friend to do it for me. But surely, a program like the one I was asking for must exist ?

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
pc bug doctor
pc medik
there are a number of programs available some better than others
but you cannot run an operating system without finding you need the disk down the line

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
If you have the I386 folder on the drive (should be on the root of C), you can do an over-the-top reinstall XP by opening the "winnt.exe" file in that folder.

·
Banned
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Miz, I don't know if you read my last post but could you please answer my questions ?

Thank you

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.