Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me!!!

I recently had an annoying pop-up on my screen telling me I was infected :eek:, my Norton had expired so I loaded all the McAfee gubbins I got with my EasyNote E2 in 2005, after doing a scan it found 1 trojan and about 15 potentially harmful things!

Not thinking :confused:, I deleted the lot even though it said that some files may be linked to applications and now when I boot up I get the PB purple screen, then the XP screen and the blue welcome screen, after this I see the picture I set as wallpaper stretched over the entire screen, then the screen goes pink (colour I chose for background) but once the icons start appearing on the desktop the screen goes white with a slight tinge of pink aound the icons. I can't even browse for pics to set as wallpaper and when I go into MY PICTURES and right click to "set as wallpaper" nothing happens. :mad: THIS IS REALLY GETTING ON MY NERVES NOW HAS ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS FOR ME TO TRY. :mad:

Also, if I do a restore to before I loaded the McAfee, will it take everything off since that date? (about 2 weeks ago).

Cheers ;)

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
The restore would be my first suggestion...and no, it wont remove anything that you have done as far as files etc....only thing it will do is restore registry files, and some other small settings.

Other than that, I'd try a repair install using the operating system disk. If you don;t know how to do that, let us know.

Scorp.

·
Retired Trusted Advisor
9,126 Posts
Give this a try... right click on the desktop, when Display Properties opens click the Desktop tab, click the Customize Desktop button, click the Web tab. Uncheck any items you see checked (unless you intentionally put them there). Click OK twice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.