Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got this person to build me a computer, the specs are

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , 64 bit
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 4 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3839 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7025 / NVIDIA nForce 630a, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 953812 MB, Free - 744561 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., M4N68T-M, Rev X.0x, MT7007K37702164
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011, Updated and Enabled

Basically when I hook up to the Graphics Card output for VGA or HDMI I don't get a picture. I have downloaded the latest drivers and I think it's hooked up right because the fan on it is on. I am using the motherboard graphics at the moment and the card that isn't working is the GeForce GTS450.

I have contacted the computer builder but he is away until the 14 of January and I'm impatient :p

Cheers, Jake.

·
Super Moderator
46,558 Posts
OK, that is a pw hungry card. What pw supply do you have installed? Post the exact brand and model. Note this info is on a label on the pw supply [open case and look]

Next I assume you have in fact connected the 6pin pw connector to the card.

·
Super Moderator
46,558 Posts
Do you have the pw connector installed on the card?

Did you read your mb manual regarding upgrading cards and the procedure to do so?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, that was complete jibberish. I had somebody build it for me, I was wondering if anyone knew a way to fix this. The guy who built it is on holidays til 14 Jan.

·
Super Moderator
46,558 Posts
Sorry, that was complete jibberish. I had somebody build it for me, I was wondering if anyone knew a way to fix this. The guy who built it is on holidays til 14 Jan.
Before anyone can help you, you need to answer the questions;
Did you read your manual regarding upgrading cards and how to do so?
Did you connect the 6pin pw connector to the card.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guys basically the guy built the entire system INCLUDING THE GRAPHICS CARD. My idea is that when it was shipped to me it got knocked around and came loose. I am guessing the power is connected as the card's fan is spinning but it must have come loose from the motherboard. Thanks anyway..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.