Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, haven't been signed on in a while, but always have a looksee!!

Computer at problem: XP Operating System - AMD Ant x 2 dualcore

I am actually typing these questions for someone that is unable to. Her problems are this.

1. When signing up for a forum board, no problem, user name and password is sent. She is able to sign onto the forum board, however, she is unable to post a question or reply to a thread.

2. She created her own forum board at suddenlaunch and received admin name and password. She was able to log onto this board, but when hitting the admin functions of the board, she was unable to go any further.

3. The error messages she receives when trying to reply, respond, create new threads, or even admin functions on her own board she created is simply "An error has occurred"

4. The real strange this is she can send me her user name, password etc., and I can go into the control panel, post messages, etc. - so it appears not to be the actual forum board but her own computer?

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where the problem may lie. Would it be internet security settings? She is using IE6 ... the same settings I use on my computer. Would it be some sort of browser hijacking occurring? What about any spies that may be clogging things up. A fresh install and run of lavasoft adaware was done. No viruses as per anti-virus software that is up to date. Firewall is simply microsoft windows firewall ....
Anything further, please ask, and I look forward to someone having some kind of insight into this problem.

Thanks to all who respond.

Seasons Greetings & A Happy New Year to All!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It does sound like that .... but she has security set as medium ..... everything looks the very same as my settings on my own computer ....

any tips to specific areas on her computer that we should be looking???

tks again

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jparr111 said:
Any chance she is ate up with "SPY'S?
The sypware treatment she is using is lavasoft adaware, a current update and a current run ....

definitely seems something is preventing the entry into a simply forum area to reply, respond and even on her own, into the admin area ....

just doesn't make sense, firewall, pop up, everything turned off intermittently to try ...

Any chance this could be a problem with internet explorer? a recent update from microsoft?

tks again

·
Registered
11,849 Posts
Just for a try why not have this person try logging on to this forum and posting first to see if they can get on this forum ok and this way we will be more able to help in this situation.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So perhaps we then are to assume that it may be the boards are having a problem this day and not the computer?? Anyone care to guess?

tks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there,

Would there be any more suggestions as to why I cannot access the forum I am trying to create?

It cannot be the board LadyEye because I can access the admin through my laptop and you are able to access the admin, it is something with my computer

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.