Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing an external hard drive via FireWire for a dedicated audio drive but New Hardware Wizard does not appear when I connect. Neither does it show the connected drive when I enter the Wizard manually in control panel. The FireWire shows to be working properly in Device Manager and the drivers are current...any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this issue? Thanks.

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
That's not abnormal, USB/Firewire mass storage devices are automatically recognized, and no New Hardware wizard will appear. Right click on My Computer, Manage, Disk Management. You can Initialize, Partition, and Format the drive there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, I failed to mention that I had already attempted to locate the drive in disk management, but the firewire drive does not appear there. I've checked the ribbon and power connections inside the enclosure and the power is on. Also checked the firewire out on the enclosure and the input on my computer. Any ideas?

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
What appears in Device Manager for the Firewire drive? If nothing appears in either place, I'd think you may have a problem with the actual drive enclosure. Did you try it on another systems?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.