Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all computer tech members.

I am having a bit of a problem so to speak

Just recently I have been experiencing problems deleting files from my hard drive,I have two hard drives on my PC,C:\drive which is my primary drive which is 40 gigs & D:\drive which is my back up drive which is 80 gigs ( note: these 2 drive are serperate hardwares,they are not partitioned ).

Well here is my issue,I tried deleting a file from my D:\drive so I can free up my disk space on it because it is almost maxed out ( Free space: 367 mb's Total size: 74.5 gigs ) when I delete the file which is about 1.36 gigs,it dis-appears but when I check the space valus on my hard drive it still registers the same ( ( Free space: 367 mb's Total size: 74.5 gigs )?

I see the deleted file in my recycling bin,I have tried this with other files on D:\drive an still the same results.

I performed a virus scan on the D:\drive it came up clean, I perfomed a error check on the drive by right clicking on D:\drive an clicking on Tools,but still no success.

My final option was format my system,which would not have made any sense because I would just be formating my C:\drive which is my primary drive,but I did a reformat for the heck of it,stll the same problem exsists with my D:\drive

I can cannot move any files from my C:\ to D:\drive exceeding 367 mb's,because when I do it says " not enough disk space to move file " this is the first time I have stubbled across an error like this,it sounds critical!!!

Can some please help me with my issue,I am using Windows Xp Home as my OS.

Please dont tell me I have to wipe out my entire D:\drive,that where I have a my important info stored.

·
Registered
51,987 Posts
Have you emptied the Recycle Bin? The file is still on the drive when in the bin.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.