Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my computer at work, I have a set of small desktop speakers to listen to music on while I work away. Since I got my new computer, I have had a problem with these speakers. The left channel cuts out and is silent whenever I have my music at a low volume.

This is frustrating the crap out of me, because I need to listen to the music at a lower volume while everyone else is in the office (damn cubicles!). I have tried everything from a hardware standpoint (swapping the sound cards and speakers with another computer) and can only come to the conclusion that it is a problem with the software for the sound card. Our computer guy here at work is even stumped by this, so I thought I might ask about this here. Has anyone ever had such a thing happen to them? Is there any way to fix this software so that work becomes sane again?

Thanks for your time and eventual input.

· Super Moderator
37,801 Posts
Hiya

Do you know the name of your soundcard?

Control Panel | system. Device Manager. Click on Sound, and tell us the name. Also, is there a yellow !

Also, I know this sounds so simple, but are they plugged all the way in at the back. Cutting out can be down to this.

Regards

eddie

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, Eddie.

The sound card is a Creative Sound Blaster Live. I'm thinking I might need to update the drivers, but I'm not sure where to get those at (Sound Blaster Web Site?)

All the hardware is properly plugged in as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.