Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a problem with the php 'include' instruction. I want to use the same menu on a number of pages, but when I include it on those pages, it blanks everything else out. I've done this before and it worked fine. I'm totally confused!

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
What do you mean by top of the page in your php page or as you view it in a browser?

If you mean the former then that is the incorrect placement. It should be on the page in the html flow and in the div or table cell where you wish it to appear, so it should be in your code between the body tags.

If I have misunderstood what you are saying sorry.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, I put the include after the open body tag - my browser (Safari) displays the included material but now uses default margins and default white page background - there's still no sign of the page content. Firefox is better - displays correct margins and background colour, but still no sign of page content.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Without seeing the code in the included file its hard to tell exactly what is going on.

But a couple suggestions that might help you track down what exactly is going on :)

Install Firebug. Its great for debugging HTML.

Try including your menu in just a blank page, and slowly add elements to that page.

MOST likely what is happening is you have a mis-match of tags coming from the menu include and its throwing off the processing of the HTML

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.