Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right clicking on an icon in my Start Menu does not do anything. I can't delete old programs from there or send a program shortcut to my desktop that way. Does anyone know what might be wrong? I have windows XP.
Thanks in advance
SW

·
Registered
47 Posts
Did you have any other program that you might have accidentally disable right-clicking option that might have cause this to not do what it suppose to do?

Your mouse is fine though? Other than your specific problem.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My mouse is fine. It allows right clicking everywhere else. It's the "Start" "All Programs"
menu that I can't right click on. It flickers a bit but that's all. My program list is so big now I can hardly find anything.
SW

·
Registered
74 Posts
Right click on Taskbar -> Properties -> Start Menu -> Customise -> Click on Clear lists. If you want you can reduce the number of programs in that pull down menu to a much reduced number.. Hope that it helps

·
Registered
47 Posts
When you point or click your mouse over 'All Programs', it shows all the programs that are there? Just can't right-click on any of them?

I'm not sure myself, but I searched on this...the solution seems deeper than just finding or unclicking somewhere in your program to enable you to right click this All Programs section of your computer. Sounds like somehow you're missing a value in your RegEdit necessary for you to do this particular tasks.

I hope I'm mistaken, otherwise...I really hope someone will come by with dept knowledge and walk you thru the process if the RegEdit was the key to your problem.

·
Registered
47 Posts
If not, is it possible for you to system restore your computer prior to this event, rather than to cause much more harm from tweaking your RegEdit section? Maybe, try to restore back the day before you're experiencing this problem.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Right click the start button, properties,start menu ,customize,advanced, make sure there is a tick in "enable drag and drop" in the start menu choices

Click o.k. and apply

Drove me around the bend for a week when mine went .

Hope it works for you

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.