Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, for the past 36 hours or so, I've been trying to get my motherboard to recognise any of my IDE devices (Its a new system I just finished building).

Here is my config:
Antec 400 watt PSU
P4P800 Deluxe
2.53ghz P4 (Temporary until I get 3.0c)
512MB Kingston Ram
Dvd-rom
Dvd-rw
Floppy
WD Hard Drive
Geforce4 Video Card
4 Fans + 1 HDD Fan

Now, the BIOS starts up fine, recognises cpu & memory but when it says "Scan Devices, Please wait..." It says that Primary/Secondary Master & Slave are both empty.

I jumpered the DVD-Rom to master, and the DVD-rw to slave. I also set the Hard drive to master, with nothing on slave.
Could this be a bad motherboard?

Also, when the dvd drives are connected to the IDE cable, they don;t recieve any power (don;t open and close or make noise)... but when I disconnect the IDE cables,they open and close fine.
I have also tried using different IDE cables, and yes I did put them in the right way. THe hard drive acts the same way on its own IDE cable. This also happens when I connect each drive individually...

So my thoughts are that this is either a bad motherboard, or i'm missing something somewhere...

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
882 Posts
Is the Hd connected to the primary IDE? Have you set it to auto detect in bios?? And have you enabled plug and pray in bios??:)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes.. It is on the primary IDE, and I have it on auto detect...
I'm not sure about Plug & Play.. I'll have to check that when I get home.

Thanks for your reply!

Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.