Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having problems with my external drive and am wondering if the blinking light is a code for what's wrong. The lights did not blink the same way before. I believe something is damaged but I don't know exactly whats wrong with it.
I have an external "SimpleTech" drive on the back it says the following:
Product Name: SimpleDrive
Model No.: 96300-40001-001
Power: DC Adapter 12V 2A
It connects via a USB cable to my computer. My computer was recognizing it but no longer does. I tried replacing the USB cable but that didn't help either. It has a red and a blue light on it in the front. The red light indicates it has been turned on but I don't know what exactly the blue light indicates. However the blue light is now blinking in a way that I have not seen it blink before. It blinks on once then pauses then blinks three times fast then pauses and repeats the pattern. Does this blinking pattern indicate what the problem is? When the HD turns on it spins up sounding fine but then makes several soft ticking/clicking type sounds and spins down and stops then just blinks it's blue light. Someone told me it's probably a head crash and the clicking sound is the scraping of the head against my platters meaning probably everything is shot. Any help? Is the blue light blinking a code that says what's going on? Is it even worth taking in to someone to see if they can salvage any of the data that was on it?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.