Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone can help me with another problem I've got that I'm getting stressed and frustrated over.

Down in the South West where I live, all our tv channels have gone digital. Ever since then, I have been unable to work out why I have problems running the programme so that I can watch and record digital tv on my PC. I have had this tv box nearly 3 years and have not had too much trouble with on my desktop, until the beginning of August.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software but I still have problems.

I have been keeping in touch with KWorld who are trying their best to solve my problem. I use HyperMediaCentre for this device and everything installed okay. I've also installed this on another machine (my laptop) and it seems to work fine on there so it is not the software that's the problem.

When I try and run HyperMediaCentre on my desktop, it keeps crashing during tuning and I get:

"DVTR.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I have sent my error reports to Microsoft but all I get is to go to Windows Update. My PC is up-to-date so this doesn't help.

I am, therefore, unable to watch or record tv on my desktop which is my preference rather than my laptop.

Everything seems to point to a system problem. In my numerous error reports, I read that the problems are related to two .dll files. ntdll.dll and psisdecd.dll.

I am really hoping that someone can help me out as I cannot understand why this is happening. Someone help me. Please!

Thanks.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot to mention that I'm running this on Windows XP.

Further information I've got is the error numbers:
for faulting module psisdecd.dll 0x0003151e.
 (This number is always the same);
for faulting module ntdll.dll 0x00010a19.
 (This number is different every time with this error.)

I hope this will help someone further to solving my problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.