Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reinstalling windows and all drivers for my computer, windows does not seem to be ableto find my wireless card. In control panel the wireless icon shows up but nothing happens when you double click it. The wireless card does not appear in device manager. PLEASE HELP

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?

Let's see this as well.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Under "Other devices" there is a yellow question mark by "02Micro SmartCardBus_reader"

Here is the other info you asked for:
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Ben>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : ben-f9322f45a78
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcast
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcom 570x Gigabit Integrated Con
troller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-11-43-4A-6B-56

C:\Documents and Settings\Ben>

·
Super Moderator
82,234 Posts
When you turn your PC on there briefly is a message of which key (Esc, F10, etc.) to use to enter the BIOS or to SETUP. Keep tapping that key when you turn the PC on and you will get into the BIOS. Then just look around and find the wireless card and whether it is enabled.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have BIOS version 16. I cant change any values of fields in the bois and I believe its because the Config setup is disabled. When I try to enable it, the system asks for a password which I don't have. Is there any way to reset it? Please advise.

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
Nope, laptop BIOS passwords are made deliberately difficult to change as a theft prevention measure for those machines.

Also, please see the TSG Rules, we no longer provide any help with lost passwords or getting around password protection. Obviously, we can't determine the real intent here, so our policy is to abstain from any assistance in these matters.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.